Thursday, May 5, 2016

Exhaust system completed (Beginning of Time)

When I first got the car, the muffler was cut off to make it louder and more obnoxious. It sounded cool for the first couple of months but then as I was learning stick at that time, it became irritating. Taking it on the freeway was a nightmare as you'd come out of the car deaf. I took the car to a local muffler shop named Jay's Kustom where I had planned just to put a muffler on the stock exhaust. However, Jay convinced me that adding a whole new exhaust system would not only make it sound better, but it'll increase the performance. I went with a 2 inch full pipe from the headers I believe to the back where a Magnaflow exhaust was placed. The car has a nice mellow rumble to it compared to the loud raspy obnoxious sound it had before.
Picture above: The car on the car lift. I believe he was removing the old pipe at the time.

Here is the old piping. Obviously you can see that it's been there for a while and has started to rust. It was pretty smelly. 

After an hour and a half of welding and cutting, Jay got the whole exhaust done. Immediately, I could feel the power gain and the smoother drive it had.
Some shots of the muffler.


No comments:

Post a Comment