Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Headlight Update 5-10-16

I managed to get help by the people from where purchased the lights. They diagnosed the problem, then concluded that the stock wiring harness couldn't supply enough current for the HIDs to turn on. What they did was put another wiring harness so the headlights got a constant voltage. The new harness also makes me eligible to use 4 way high beams. They told me that the harness uses power straight from the battery rather than from the harness. The installation was quick however, there's a whole bunch of wires around everywhere. My next task is to wire tuck the harnesses and use split loom to make it look a little nicer.

The following picture shows the people at Dapper working on the headlights.

I still have yet to adjust the the headlights so I don't blind oncoming traffic. I will also be taking before and after shots of the headlights in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment